Sunday, May 2, 2010

Charlyn Marchall


Cat Power is the alias of this american singer/songwriter that I love, born in 1972. She dropped the high school and went to Ney York, where she found herself like an artist and started to work in his first albums, very undergroundly thanks to some friend in the music bussines (like the drummer of Sonic Youth). Then, after many publicated discs, she became alcoholic, and try to express her sadness and thoughts in her lyrics like in the song "Lived in Bars".
Owner of a beautiful and unic voice, she turned my life in backwards. She make me love the music beyond rock and jars, I really admire that woman. With eight records in her back, she became in a indie-country icon for me, and when I need inspiration I use to listen to her and her lovely songs. That's why I can't beleve untill now that I saw her here, in this country when she came to Chile in july of last year.
(this Picture was tooked for me that day)

No comments:

Post a Comment